Good Samaritan Hospital has been keeping the beat of Dayton residents alive for over 50 years. Since its founding by the Sisters of Charity of Cincinnati in 1932, GSH has been providing healthcare to the city of Dayton with over 600 physicians and 3,000 employees. The 577-bed hospital handles 20,000 inpatient admissions and 450,000 outpatient visits annually and has been awarded more gold seal certifications from the Joint Commission than any hospital in Ohio. Heart care at Good Sam has had many “firsts” in Dayton, including the first open heart surgery and the first cardiac care unit in the area. Good Sam is continuing the tradition of being first and cutting edge for Dayton with the building of the Dayton Heart and Vascular Hospital, set to be completed at the end of 2009. Located on the Good Samaritan Hospital campus, the new Heart and Vascular Hospital combines advanced equipment and technology with board-certified staff to give patients the best care possible. With 75,000 square feet of patient rooms, operating areas, and diagnostic testing areas, the new facility will be the largest cardiovascular facility in Dayton.