The Dayton Theatre Guild has continuously provided staged live theater since 1945, with more than 400 productions to date. Though the Guild has been in several locations (on Salem Avenue for the longest time), it has now realized its final new home at 430 Wayne Avenue in the Oregon District, the former Dayton Gym Club. The Guild actually turned a gymnasium into a theatre! This building has the space the Guild needed to bring everything (set pieces, props, costumes, etc.) out of board members’ homes and a storage unit and house under one roof. The Dayton Theatre Guild’s Board of Directors is extremely active in running the theatre. It is a working board; there are no paid employees. Every aspect of managing the building and preparing and performing the season productions is done solely by volunteers. Even the sets are built by the more talented board members! Due to fundraising and the generosity of the Guild’s donors, the building will be paid off soon and future donations will go toward making improvements that will further accommodate the Guild’s patrons. The Dayton Original offers a tradition of great plays done extremely well!