On October 3, 1920, the City of Dayton became the site of the first professional football game between two teams of the American Professional Football League. This league would ultimately become the National Football League (NFL). The game was played on a field in Triangle Park, located near Ridge Avenue and DeWeese Parkway. In the game, the Dayton Triangles defeated the Columbus Panhandles 14-0. The Triangles’ Lou Partlow scored the first touchdown and George “Hobby” Kinderdine kicked the first extra point. The players each earned about $50 for their day of work, and admission for the game was $1.75. Today, an Ohio Historical Marker designates the site of that first football game.