In 1916 a group of civic-minded women met to plan the establishment of an organization to provide area women with a place to engage in social, civic and literary activities. The Woman’s Club House, located downtown on 225 North Ludlow Street, was purchased by the original members of the club through a stock-selling drive. The “clubhouse” still provides a gracious setting for social events and business meetings for its members and guests. For more than 90 years the Dayton Woman’s Club has had a profound impact on the greater Dayton Region.