Completed in 1850, the Old Courthouse is considered to be one of the finest examples of Greek Revival style courthouses in the nation.  Constructed of locally quarried Dayton limestone, the Old Courthouse has been at the center of many important events, from campaign stops for current and future Presidents of the United States to being a gathering point for telegraph updates during the Civil War.  In the twentieth century, the Old Courthouse served as the backdrop for fundraising rallies to create the Miami Conservancy District following the 1913 Flood and war bond drives during World War II. This historic structure is certainly a Dayton Original!