With its Twin Towers, St. Mary Catholic Church is a Dayton landmark! The congregation began in 1859 and the present church was bulit in 1906. The East Dayton neighborhood surrounding the church is referred to as the Twin Towers Neighborhood. During the early days of Wright Field, later to become Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the twin towers of St. Mary Catholic Church pointed the way to WPAFB for many pilots. Since 1918, there has been a 2-story crech built in the church during Christmas that has attracted thousands of visitors. Since 1951, there has been a 16-foot star erected between the towers during the Christmas season. St. Mary Catholic Church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. This Dayton Original is the only Romanesque church in Dayton!