Jim Bucher is well known in the community for celebrating over 25 years with WDTN 2 NEWS. Prior experience included six years as Producer/Director with Channel 30 Access Dayton, now DATV, a public access cable station. Jim has won numerous Ohio News Photographer Association awards and an Emmy from the National Association of Television Arts & Sciences. He also won an Iris Award and Cleveland Press Club Award for hosting “Fitness First,” a program to teach children the importance of living a healthy life. Outside of his 2 NEWS duties, Jim is very active in the community. He serves on the board of advisors for Aviation Trail and the Marketing Committee for Carillon Park to name a few. Jim also is the founder of the Wahid Abdullah Scholarship Fund through the Dayton Foundation. This Dayton Original takes pride in giving back to the community!

10 Responses to “Jim Bucher”

1. Curt Dalton
    12 November 2012 at 3:09 pm #

No one deserves it more than Jim.

2. Lisa Grigsby
    13 November 2012 at 2:25 pm #

Bucher is the best!

3. Rich Palmer
    13 November 2012 at 2:39 pm #

Jim has done a great job for WDTN. More than that, he’s been a great voice for the many great things happening all through the Miami Valley. Congratulations, Jim!

4. Julie Stokes
    13 November 2012 at 3:04 pm #

On behalf of Great Wolf Lodge, HOWLS to Jim Bucher on this very-deserving award! High Paws!

5. Kim Faris
    13 November 2012 at 3:08 pm #

I remember watching his first segment. What a talent! What a goof! He is one amazing guy with an amazing heart.

6. Diane
    13 November 2012 at 3:21 pm #

He is an amazing guy with an amazing heart Kim! He has a great love and sense of pride for Dayton. Truly a gem :)

7. A.J. Wagner
    13 November 2012 at 7:47 pm #

I’m holding out for fifty years! If Scoop can do it, so can Buch!

8. Melissa Mills Constantine
    13 November 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Congrats Buch!! I remember walking into Access 30 Dayton, June 12, 1984 and met you and Roxie Cole for the first time as I started my career in TV!! It was a pleasure and honor to work with you for 6 monthes before you went on to WDTN!! I knew you would achieve the status of where you are at now!!! I think we have one person in common that we owe some kudos to!! I celebrated 28 yrs at Access 30/DATV this past June and am blessed and even more blessed that I know you!! Way to go buddy!!

9. Kim Janky
    13 November 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Cheers to Buch! Thanks for sharing your positive energy in our community!

10. Bronwyn Leilani Duteil
    14 November 2012 at 9:36 am #

Jim brings laughter & smiles to our day…added vibrance to our Gem City…and is a true friend to all he meets. There is no truer “Dayton Original”! Hats off to you, Buch! Very proud to call you friend.