The Amber Rose Restaurant and Catering specializes in homemade Eastern European Cuisine including German, Lithuanian, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, and Italian cuisines. The bar is made of imported Turkish marble, perfect for having an appetizer and spirits with friends. The beer and wine lists consist of exemplary, hard-to-find European beverages. The Amber Rose is located in the heart of Old North Dayton in a building that was originally built in 1910 by Sigmund Ksiezopolski. It ran as a general store and deli named Sig’s until the early 1980′s. The family ran the general store downstairs and resided upstairs as their family quarters. The National Guard stayed with the family during the Great Flood of 1913. In 1989 Elinor Sluzas acquired the building with the intention of opening a restaurant. Before the scheduled grand opening, there was a horrific fire and a portion of the building had to be rebuilt. The restaurant officially opened for business in 1990. Elinor may have retired, but her recipes have stayed the same! Enjoy the homemade cuisines in our European Cafe inspired dining room. There are two private banquet rooms located in the building to host events or custom catering can be arranged to any requested location. This Dayton Original specializes in quality catering and banquet services at their place or yours! Reservations are gladly accepted at 937.228.2511 or on-line at The Amber Rose Open Table. Come as a stranger, leave as a friend!